New build 4/27/2019
We're continuing to iterate on the Game Toolkit, and pushing updates out to you as fast as we can.
Here's what's changed:
- Packaging Windows builds of your game now sets a proper icon and metadata in the final .exe. Here's the binary from the original intro video and that same example repackaged with the latest and greatest:
- Keyboard input is improved dramatically, so you can get reasonable key state in your game.
- You can now specify a font for any label you want. We cache font glyphs to a texture atlas the first time we try to render them, for performance purposes, so don't be shy about fonting your game up!
- We now won't package files in your game called ".DS_Store" (the albatross around every Mac developer's neck).
- We added a better default icon in the mygame directory.
- You can now specify an application icon in your game_metadata.txt file instead of possibly having a second copy of the same file in metadata/icon.png.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Oh, and One More Thing: we added a Flappy Bird sample:
It's 197 lines of Ruby. :) You can play it (and see the Ruby code) over here, or just run "./dragonruby samples/flappy_dragon" inside the toolkit.
More fixes and improvements and samples are on their way, but we just had to share with you as we go. :)
Get DragonRuby Game Toolkit
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.